This is the new and improved version for the webOjectLockFix, and will now handled all published Presenter panels as shown in the image below; this includes all Engage and Quizmaker tabs and warning dialogs. The instructions for using this mod are the same as outlined in this link; for convenience I’ve copied them below.
Unload/Reload the Web Object using my webOjectLockFix2.0!
I developed a small flash movie containing some actionscript code that will unload an Articulate Presenter Web Object to reveal any panels behind. After closing the panel, the Web Object is reloaded. Please visit this link, for more information on this Flash limitation.
To implement this fix in your Articulate Presenter projects, please follow the instructions below.
1. Download the webOjectLockFix2.0.zip file.
2. Extract the webOjectLockFix.swf from the zip file.
3. Select the slide in PowerPoint that contains the Web Object.
4. Choose Insert –> Flash Movie from Articulate Presenter.
5. Browse for and select the webOjectLockFix2.0.swf movie and apply the following settings:
– Display in Slide
– Advance to Next Slide: When user clicks next
– Synchronization: Movie plays independently of slide
6. Select the OK button to complete the insert.
7. Select the Flash Movie inserted above and move it off of the slide (this is necessary or the Flash control will show when published)
8. Publish and view the presentation.
Note: The above workaround in not supported by Articulate, and is provided as is. However, I have tested this extensively and found this to work without any issues. There is nothing in the actionscipt code that would interfere with the Articulate content.
I hope this was helpful.
Additional Information and Links
Download: webOjectLockFix2.0.zip NEW! 9-26-2010
Articulate Help Document: Articulate Presenter Web Web Objects